Prev: Escort class vessels in line of battle Next: RE: [DS] Point System (was RE: In praise of Cottage Industry)

Re: Fleet Escorts

From: Corey Burger <burgundavia@c...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:00:42 -0800
Subject: Re: Fleet Escorts

Probably the easiest defence against fighters is other fighters, so
small
squadrons based of ships could work. I personally have never tried this
tactic, nor have I had it used against me, but there is no reason why
not.

My basic response is that every ship has an ADFC and most ships bigger
than
a cruiser get at least 4 PDF. Keep your ships in tight, and the PDS
should
be able to deal with any reasonable amount of fighters.

If you have enough points, a lighter carrier would always be good thing
carry along. This is very true if you ever fight Phalons as their
area-effect weapons are best dealt with either by KV Scatterguns or
fighter
groups

Corey

Prev: Escort class vessels in line of battle Next: RE: [DS] Point System (was RE: In praise of Cottage Industry)