Prev: Re: [SG2] Questions Next: re:Basing FT Miniatures

Re: Starship Basing Alternatives

From: Frits Kuijlman <frits@p...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:44:05 +0200
Subject: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives

> > would like to know if anyone has any good alternative ideas for
basing them
> > rather than spindly, stick-like flight bases

There are some photos in More thrust (I think) of bigger bases used for
capital
ships. There are still spindly, but they seem to be metal, and are
probably
quite heavy. I haven't a clue though where to get those.

There was also a discussion recently about building flight bases
yourself.
Don't know if it was here or on r.g.m.m.
One idea was to use 2 different diameters of square tubing so you can
remove
the ships from the base for storage. The thing that has been bugging me
about
this idea though is how to make square holes in a metal base. I don't
have a
square drill:-)

Frits
(who is thinking about getting into FT but has too much unpainted lead
 as it is)
--
Frits Kuijlman			   F.Kuijlman@{its,cs,twi}.tudelft.nl

Prev: Re: [SG2] Questions Next: re:Basing FT Miniatures