Prev: Re: (SG2)Question on Firing Twice Next: Re: [FT]Flashes was: A couple of quick replies

Re: [FT]Flashes was: A couple of quick replies

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: 26 Mar 2001 13:00 GMT
Subject: Re: [FT]Flashes was: A couple of quick replies

>Absender: derk@cistron.nl
> On the other hand, such extremely high powered pulses are just about
> impossible not to detect.

If I understood the proposal correctly, these would be 'flare
grenades', fired some distance from the ship. This makes it difficult to
detect
the launching ship unless it, too, is illuminated by the flash. You
would
need directional flashes.

> Also, there's a lot you cannot measure this way,
> which you could measure with a longer, low powered signal, like
> target speed (doppler shift).

You don't need really long signals to measure doppler shift, just
something that has a well-defined spectrum.

Greetings

Prev: Re: (SG2)Question on Firing Twice Next: Re: [FT]Flashes was: A couple of quick replies