Prev: Re: WotW #5: AFHAWKS Next: WotW #5 AFHAWKS

Re: Phalons, Kravak and Savasku was Alien Infantry

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 11:50:19 +0000
Subject: Re: Phalons, Kravak and Savasku was Alien Infantry

>In message <5.0.2.1.0.20010325085402.009ffec0@pop.hba.marine.csiro.au>,
>Beth Fu
>lton writes:
>>
>> From what I can remember though, they looked OK, head sort of a
>> floppy triangular shape, limbs which bend in unexpected places. Not
>> my cup of tea, but pretty good - I like the P'taah more, but that's
>> just personal preference.
>
>http://www.cowell.org/~andy/min/sg2/images/phalon.jpg
>
>L to R, IIRC:
>SGH-09  Phalon trooper with heavy support pulser and helmet
>SGH-02  Phalon trooper firing pulser
>SGH-06  Phalon leader with pulser
>
>If nobody has said it, let me be the first: the Phalon heads are
>suggestive of human female genitalia.	Perhaps I wouldn't have
>immediately thought so if I hadn't seen the ships first...

Hmmmm.... the front of the Phalon head is a flattened ellipsoid
(horizontal, not vertical) with a central, tri-lensed optic, and is
quite
deliberately "inspired by" the Martians in the George Pal movie version
of
War of the Worlds (both the creatures themselves, and also the "remote
camera" that the heroes chop off its tentacle). In THIS case I don't
think
Dave had any other symbolism in mind when he sculpted them (we've
already
discussed the ships far too much...).  ;-)

Jon (GZG)

>I haven't seen the P'taah-- any chance of seeing a scan?

They were four figures that we did a long time back (sculpted by Mike
Owen)
that never got developed any further - in fact for the new catalogue
(that
I'm getting ready for print right now) we're now dropping them out of
the
range, though we can still do some to order if anybody wants any.
They're
still listed on the catalogue site in the SGV range, as SGV-06 to09.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: WotW #5: AFHAWKS Next: WotW #5 AFHAWKS