Prev: Re: A couple of quick replies Next: Re: Phalons, Kravak and Savasku was Alien Infantry

RE: The GZG Digest V2 #379

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 00:41:24 +0100 (CET)
Subject: RE: The GZG Digest V2 #379

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Adam Benedict Canning wrote:

> > > A Mamba [The Southern Republics Heavy Trooper Gear] is
> > about 5 m tall
> > > and thus is a bit over 2 inchs in the old scale and about the same
> > > size as a GW spacemarine in the new.
> > >
> > > A picture of a Black Mamba is at
> > > http://www.dp9.com/Products/Covers/DP9-218.gif
> >
> > Mm. They look cool. Unfortunately it seems to me the
> > anatomy would be off
> > for power armour? Or am I mistaken here?
>
> You'd have to claim you ere using in body Straight jacket style
> restraint for the arms and slaved linked arms rather than Arm in arm
> [similar to the slave arms used in Appleseed Landmates and the BBC
> Motoslaves.] the groin strain wearing it would cause tends to worry
> observers less. The old RAFM version would work better for a light
> walker vehicle.

Mmm. I guess I'll just have to order a few and look for myself, always
difficult to tell from pictures.

> Or just claim you've got a supply of Treecat PA crews. :)

*snicker*

> > > The current scale Mammoth [Norther Strider] is about 2
> > inches high and
> > > has just about enough space to put a single 25mm crew man
> > lying down
> > > in the cockpit area.
> >
> > Is the Naga approximately the same size, i.e. would it fit
> > a lying figure
> > as well?
>
> Its slightly smaller and you might have to Greenstuff or milliput the
> Cockpit so that it only had one canopy rather than two.

No problem :)

> > > The Gear Kreig minatures are in 15mm
> > >
> > > There is a Loki at http://www.dp9.com/Products/Covers/DP9-604.gif
> >
> > Shame they're 15mm :(
>
> Button it up and put a larger crew hatch made of Plasticard.

Mmmm :) Ideas, ideas.

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6vTCpJXH58oo6ncURAmlCAJ9b47JpEHWu+j98ZCKVjv38OTyzlQCgt/Dg
y1sztRSOHc+CeDZ/bi3sT38=
=qmUM

Prev: Re: A couple of quick replies Next: Re: Phalons, Kravak and Savasku was Alien Infantry