Prev: Re: [OT] Paper ships Next: Re: WotW #5: AFHAWKS

RE: The GZG Digest V2 #379

From: "Adam Benedict Canning" <dahak@d...>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 20:54:07 -0000
Subject: RE: The GZG Digest V2 #379

> Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:44:07 +0100 (CET)
> From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@cistron.nl>
> Subject: RE: The GZG Digest V2 #378

Sorry about the delay on getting back to you

> On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Adam Benedict Canning wrote:
>
> > The original RAFM Heavy Gear minatures were HO scale
> > The new made in house by DP9 minatures are 1/144 [In Theory again]
> >
> > A Mamba [The Southern Republics Heavy Trooper Gear] is
> about 5 m tall
> > and thus is a bit over 2 inchs in the old scale and about the same
> > size as a GW spacemarine in the new.
> >
> > A picture of a Black Mamba is at
> > http://www.dp9.com/Products/Covers/DP9-218.gif
>
> Mm. They look cool. Unfortunately it seems to me the
> anatomy would be off
> for power armour? Or am I mistaken here?

You'd have to claim you ere using in body Straight jacket style
restraint for the arms and slaved linked arms rather than Arm in arm
[similar to the slave arms used in Appleseed Landmates and the BBC
Motoslaves.] the groin strain wearing it would cause tends to worry
observers less. The old RAFM version would work better for a light
walker vehicle.

Or just claim you've got a supply of Treecat PA crews. :)

> > The current scale Mammoth [Norther Strider] is about 2
> inches high and
> > has just about enough space to put a single 25mm crew man
> lying down
> > in the cockpit area.
>
> Is the Naga approximately the same size, i.e. would it fit
> a lying figure
> as well?

Its slightly smaller and you might have to Greenstuff or milliput the
Cockpit so that it only had one canopy rather than two.

But it is intended to be a similar size in HG but I don't own one.

> > There is a Mammoth at
> http://www.dp9.com/Products/covers/dp9-209.gif
> > And a Naga [Sothern Strider] at
> > http://www.dp9.com/Products/DP9-210.HTM
> > and an artillery support Naga at
> > http://www.dp9.com/Products/covers/dp9-214.gif
> >
> > The Gear Kreig minatures are in 15mm
> >
> > There is a Loki at http://www.dp9.com/Products/Covers/DP9-604.gif
>
> Shame they're 15mm :(

Button it up and put a larger crew hatch made of Plasticard.