Prev: WotW #5: AFHAWKS Next: Re: [OT] Paper ships

Re: Phalons was Alien Infantry

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 20:05:36 GMT
Subject: Re: Phalons was Alien Infantry

In message <20010325.074400.9503.1.triphibious@juno.com>
	  Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Mar 2001 20:03:13 +1100 Beth Fulton
> <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au> writes:
> >G'day Glenn,
> >
> > >Are there any Phalon Ground troops
> > >or ground vehicles?  In either scale?
> >
> >Not in 6mm that I know of.
> >
> > > (Since I don't have FB2 it may be
> > >that the Phalons are like the old
> > >Space Marines (pre-GW) race of
> > >the Irsol Confederacy - true space
> > >dwellers and don't do ground warfare...)
> >
> >There's 25mm stuff, just no 6mm stuff yet (I think).
>
> Anybody know if the original conception of Phalons was 'Ft only' or
was
> there ever any talk of their inclusion in StarGrunt or Dirtside?  I
know
> the ships have been described as 'Snails' but are the ships built to
> imitate their users in form?	(Function follows form, perhaps?)
Anybody
> have an official description of what they look like (captured bodies
> after a space fight <Grin>?)

Well, from the catalog, GZG do a range of 25mm Phalon ground troops -
infantry and 3 vehicles - Recon Pod, GEV APC, and GEV Light Assault
Tank.

a large, 3-lobed eye (like the Martians in the 'War of the Worlds'
movie).
Equipment is semi-biotech (like their spacecraft)
Infantry weapons are described as 'pulsars' - smaller version of ship
weapons?

> Any plans to make them in DS scale?  IIRC, they aren't on the
unofficial
> GZG web page I visited yesterday on a different computer then this 386
> dinosaur (no browser software.  Thank the Lord for Libraries and after
> hours at work (well, just minutes lest you upset the IT people...)
>
> Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel) You don't have to be
French to
> be a 'frog', or even human! Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai,
Die!)
> Starguard, Dirtside 2,  Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
> and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

Hope this helps a bit.

Prev: WotW #5: AFHAWKS Next: Re: [OT] Paper ships