Prev: Re:FT-Tech in FT Next: Re: Phalons was Alien Infantry

WotW #5: AFHAWKS

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 13:22:23 -0500
Subject: WotW #5: AFHAWKS

I agree with Charles that we've basically put the railgun to bed.

Let's do something a smidge diffferent this time and go for a non-weapon
system. I remember a request from before to look at the AFHAWKS.

AF-SMLs (or AFHAWKS) [GZG-LISTers] (24-Dec-00)
Mass/Cost= As normal SM round
Effect:
    Vs. ships: None
    Vs. Fighters: as KV Scattergun
Range=12 MU
Intercepts fighters with short duration high accuracy drives and
electronics. Light warhead is ineffective vs. ships, but kills fighters
effectively. Fired through SML launcher arcs only.  Fires in PDS phase,
does
not require firecon. Can fire as ADFC. Can only be used by a sml that
has
not fired a anti-ship round that turn.

Comments:
(Noam) I think it should require a Firecon. The range is too great for
No
firecon and ADFC benefits. Also, I feel that choice of AFHAWK should be
required during written orders phase and SML can't fire normal rounds
that

Prev: Re:FT-Tech in FT Next: Re: Phalons was Alien Infantry