Prev: Re: Replies to a variety of posts... cause I'm lazy.... Next: Re: Item #5: Re: Replies to a variety of posts... cause I'm lazy....

Re: [sg] Starting Forces

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 13:31:41 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Re: [sg] Starting Forces

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, John Atkinson wrote:

> --- Derk Groeneveld <derk@cistron.nl> wrote:
>
> > Nice ideas :) Ever considered putting them up for
> > the stargrunt.com site?
>
> I could swear I saw it somewhere else (anyone wanna
> claim it?  It may have been a post on the list) but
> since it doesn't seem to be up there I'll clean up the
> idea and mail off to the site guy.

Good!

> > *grin* I deal a lot more with navy folks than army
> > folks, so I wouldn't > know. And that'd be a
> well-trained navy, for the > most of it (dutch)
>
> Isn't that the outfit that unionized it's military
> once?

Ooopsie! And now they get to deal with allm sorts of union crap,
seriously
reducing the max sailing time in peacetime etc ;) Then again, the
serious
lack of available labour already is forcing them to become increasingly
family-friendly etc.

> > Of course. I mean, those line troops are just noisy
> > useless louts that'd
> > just give them away, anyway ;)
>
> No--it's just that your snipers are more used for
> calling for fire.  By the time you've got line troops
> up they can call for fire.

You're saying snipers are most used for spotting artillery? Isn't that
usually called a forward observer?

> > Also, as you know from all SF movies, line troops
> > walk along ridgelines
> > and such, nicely silhouetting (SP?) themselves.
>
> Speaking as a line doggie myself. . .

But I bet you've never made it into an SF movie?

> > > divisional CP.  The Rangers lost.)
> >
> > LOL. Love the anecdote. What HHC, though?
>
> 2nd Infantry Division D-Main.

Errr. I meant, what does the abbreviation HHC stand for?

Cheers,

  Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6u0IxJXH58oo6ncURAgxlAKCAkuMCix+7tMxrO9chmIjp3Xn+AwCfbzH1
LNRNe0qnGDi9mn6qKIADUbo=
=CZWT