Prev: [sg] Starting Forces Next: Another copy of MT

Re: [sg] Starting Forces

From: steve@p...
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 18:57:01 -0000
Subject: Re: [sg] Starting Forces

On 20 Mar 2001, at 13:18, Bell, Brian K (Contractor) wrote:

> I am thinking of getting into Stargrunt. What would be a good force
mix to
> purchase (infantry (reg & PA), not vehicles) to get started?
>
> I was thinking:
> 18 Rifle
>  3 SAW
>  3 Hvy Support Weapon (HSW) such as PPG or GMS/P
> 12 PA
>
> This would give a mix of:
> 3 SAW supported Rifle Teams (3 Rifle, 1 SAW)
> 3 HSW supported Rifle Teams (3 Rifle, 1 HSW)
> 3 PA Teams (4 PA)

SG2 squads are normally 8 strong, whilst PA squads are normally 6
strong. So the mix above gives 3 squads (6 rifle, SAW, HSW) of
regular troops and 2 squads of PA. Most of the TOEs in the SG2
rulebook have platoons of 4 squads of regulars and 1 of PA.

Squads of just 4 are a bit light on firepower if armed with normal
rifles, okay if armed with rifle/grenade launchers. But they lack the
ability to split of a useful detachment.

I'll leave it to others to argue whether the morale and confidence
rules favour 4 or 8 man squads. ;-)

	Steve

--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://steve.pugh.net/grunt/meta-faq.txt

Prev: [sg] Starting Forces Next: Another copy of MT