Prev: Re: [OT] Irregular Miniatures Contact Next: RE: [FT] WotW #4: Railguns

[OT] Barbarians

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:47:38 -0500
Subject: [OT] Barbarians

John:
Actually they got at least as far north as Edinburg.
I've visited the ruins of a Roman supply camp there.

The other half is that at this time the Scots had not
yet invented Whiskey so there was absolutely nothing
of value that far north.

Tom:
You underrate the value of a good Haggis. :)
BTW, isn't this Edinburgh?  (and if you pronounce this
like the burg in burger, you need a beatin...)

Chris:
<some mumbling about leaving the Homeland>

Tom:
I think the why boils down to "or starve". But if you are an expat (or
descended from same), then
you should still be able to have your soul stirred by the sun rising
over a
quiet glen or by the skirl
of pipes in the crisp morning air.

Michael:
It'd cost them all their legions plus one.

Tom:
Too right. Not worth it by far, and the Romans, whatever their flaws,
were
not idiots. :)

Tom:
And lastly, to draw it vaguely OT, didn't someone do some work on an
offshoot celtic nation state for the GZGverse? Would they care to speak
up
and post an URL?

Prev: Re: [OT] Irregular Miniatures Contact Next: RE: [FT] WotW #4: Railguns