Prev: Re: FT-Technology in the FT world Next: [FT] WotW #4: Railguns

RE: FT-Technology in the FT world

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:59:10 -0600
Subject: RE: FT-Technology in the FT world

> A very simple/simplistic KISS way of dealing with this is assuming
that
> technology _has_ incrementally improved over tha 11 years of
> SWIII->Xenowar.
> Assume that all tech - offensive, defensive, and other, has been
slowly
> upgrading. The FT system is too granualr to keep pace with who
> was ahead in
> tracking techonology for the 2nd qurater of 2187 or whose beams
> were 5% more
> efficient during the summer of 2191. On the whole, a battle fought in
2183
> with 2183 ships would be tactiaclly similar to a 2194 battle with 2194
> ships. Our only assumption is that no one made a breakthrough leap
(like
> Nukes in WWII) that  decisively turned the tides of any conflict.

I handle this IMC in a very simple matter. Since it is based on a
Traveller
model, a Higher Tech Level Ship get's a +1 per tech level difference on
all
pertinant die rolls. This gets a maximum shift of +6 or so (TL9 the
lowest
Star-farer, to TL15 Maximum Imperial) I have added a sereis of other
things
to the "chart" but that is the simplest part of it. And really the
biggest
piece of the pie. This would be easy enough to adapt to the regular FT
universe, simply decide when there were breakpoints for this bonus
(Every
two years, or every ten years, or whatever)

Prev: Re: FT-Technology in the FT world Next: [FT] WotW #4: Railguns