Prev: RE: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant) Next: RE: RE: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

RE: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

From: "Parrott, Charles P" <ParrottCP@c...>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:01:22 -0500
Subject: RE: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

But again it goes back to sovreignty.  If I want to do business with
another foreign country, I have to do it by their laws and regulations,
and I don't have any vote or say so in how they are set up or
structured.  If the UN were to become it's own nation, it can set the
rules and regulations as it sees fit like any other nation.  The
question becomes whether other powers would recognize it's right to rule
and abide by such.  Who's to say whether some charismatic
secretary-general in the future won't pull together a power block to
extend the UN's authority by convincing enough voters of the benefits,
real or imagined?  History is full of treaties where such powers have
been granted to other nations.	Some have turned out good and some not
so....

Funny thing is, most totalitarian or authoritarian governments don't
start out that way.  They start as benevolent democracies, republics or
monarchies that slowly erode citizen rights and freedoms until it's too
late.

Chuck

political inclination to do likewise.  I can call my representative or
senator and have a reasonable chance they'll take action; even if they
don't, we're from the same culture and I'll know that my issue was
understood.  If the Evil UN becomes an effective one-world government,
they'll have power without accountability.