Prev: RE: RE: 2300 AD --> DS2/SG2 Next: Re: [FT] Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts

Re: 2300 AD --> DS2/SG2

From: "Mike J." <pmj6@y...>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:22:23 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: 2300 AD --> DS2/SG2

--- "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@bitheads.com> wrote:

> Aaron said:
>
> The design of the tank is, ah, "based" off the
> LkPz-IX (Luki-9, Luki short
> for Luftkissen, hovercraft) tank from GDW's 2300AD
> game, so that's why it
> has a German name.  That doesn't mean *you* need to
> call them Rommels,
> though!
>
> And just for the record, the Wombat is based off the
> Kangaroo IV APC from
> the same game, Australian in origin. <shrug>	The
> light hover jeep looks
> rather like a roofed-over Bridgeport Swift Songbird,
> but it's generic
> enough that it doesn't really matter.
>
> [Tomb] Tell me the Goliath Medium Grav Tank isn't an
> American M9.... And the
> FCT Troops look like American Marines and the KV
> look a lot (intentionally,
> I think Jon said he mentioned them as a model) like
> the Kafers. I have firm
> plans to run some 2300 style battles using these
> figures.... ;)
>
> A great game with a neat starmap and a history made
> a little dated by real
> late 20th century events, but generated by a game!
> (cool idea) and that is
> only marginally less plausible (if at all) than the
> GZG cannon. Much the
> same type of feel. Good game background for GZG
> conversion.
>
> I've even written some rules for Kafers (start
> yellow, end up red
> quality....).
>
> Tomb

2300AD definitely lends itself well to a DSII
conversion. I have a page of conversion rules on my
site, with some 2300AD-specific "house rules".

Mike J.

=====
Visit 20th Century/Future Wargame Resource page
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Rampart/1966/

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Prev: RE: RE: 2300 AD --> DS2/SG2 Next: Re: [FT] Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts