Prev: Re: Nukes was: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts Next: Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts

Re: Nukes was: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 19:41:27 -0500
Subject: Re: Nukes was: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts

On Sat, 10 Mar 2001 19:33:08 +0100, KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de
(kh.ranitzsch)
wrote:

>Indeed, there are very few wargames that seriously have nukes. They are
just
>too devastating to make for a fun tactical game.
>When was the last time you used a nuke in a game ?

Well, _Supremacy_ has them as a major component. SPI's old _Third World
War_
game used them.

I didn't say they were fun in a wargame! I was just pointing out that
there
were other ways of killing a task force if you REALLY needed them.

I like to sometimes use the threat of nuclear weapons as part of a
scenario,
but I don't usually use nukes. Funny enough, players don't like to lump
all
their ships into one huge impenetrable blob when they think the other
side may
nuke a target that's too hard to ignore.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,
   "Jack B. Quick, Boy Inventor"

Prev: Re: Nukes was: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts Next: Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts