Prev: Re: A interesting sample from Eureka Next: Re: [ft] Needle damage mechanics plus background

Re: [FT]Needle dammage

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 06:52:36 EST
Subject: Re: [FT]Needle dammage

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001 07:31:49 -0000 "Bif Smith" <bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk>
writes:
>>>Needlebeam damage is *unrepairable* using damage control.
>>>You need to bring in a repairship after the game.
>>>

>>Really?!  That was not explicit in my reading of FT/2nd.  Whoa,
>Nelly,
>>that makes those FireCon hits deadly!  Three firecon hits and a SDN
>>(assuming no extra firecons) is just a hard to kill freighter!!
>
>Yep, this is what needle beams are useful for (target the enemies
>f.cons,
>drive etc and leave him a sitting duck). Of course, this opens up the
>posibilities of the long ranged needle beams being repairable, and
>close
>range needle beams not being repairable. Or you could say that two
>suscessful repair rolls are needed to repair needle/long range needle
>dammage.
>
>Just a idea.
>
>BIF
> "yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
> strong in arms, thick in head"

<Blink>  <blink>
Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!Uh, so how
*often* do you read minds? <grin>

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: A interesting sample from Eureka Next: Re: [ft] Needle damage mechanics plus background