Prev: RE: Hotspot AAR with pics Next: RE: A interesting sample from Eureka

[FMAS] PA

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:45:30 -0500
Subject: [FMAS] PA

Magic wrote:
 >Power Armor cannot go through
 >breaches unless they are truly large.
 >Power Armor can fit in the halls and
 >major doors but not through the doors into
 >the rooms and offices.  That would have
 >given the infantry somewhere to hide.

1) PA is so useful, I'd make sure my breaches were designed for them.
2) I can see limiting them in some halls, but in malls and the like
they'd
be fine. I'm pretty sure they could move around my office given a cement
floor and high ceilings. Cubeville might be a tad difficult for them,
but
they could force their way.
3) As for walls, if the wall is drywall and lumber, I can see the PA
putting
its fist through the wall and ripping down the majority of the wall in
short
order.

PA _should_ be used for this kind of fighting (along with small RC
robots
with weapons). What it should also be is expensive. I point costed PA at
4-1
vs. normal infantry. That's probably fair (no one hit one with a HEAP
grenade and I didn't give anyone IAVRs - Plasma guns would kill them
too).
Chris comment about PA armour levels is fair two. I used 2d6, but I
should
have used 2d8, 2d10 or 2d12, though the later is very heavy armour vs
d10
small arms. They are fearsome in close combat.

To model them as they are in SG2:
Good armour, but they die relatively easily (d10 impact vs d12 armour
typically - but rifle grenades are subsumed in fire actions), fast or
slow
(6" or 12"), and with the same types of weapons as infantry. Resolves
casualties immediately (on board medic). Horror in close combat (die
doubling).

So, how to do this in FMA?
Die doubling is fine, as are movement rates. Base FMA move of 8" is
pretty
fast... maybe should be 6" for normal figures. Resolves casualties
immediately is pretty easy too. Armour might be beefed up a bit, but the
weapon should still have an okay chance to take one out. I'd guess 2d8
for
light PA, as high as 2d12 for heavy PA.

Prev: RE: Hotspot AAR with pics Next: RE: A interesting sample from Eureka