Prev: RE: FT-WotW (Railguns) Next: RE: Hotspot AAR with pics

RE: (DS, SG) A Sort of Halfway idea

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:32:57 -0500
Subject: RE: (DS, SG) A Sort of Halfway idea

[Bri] Yes, vehicle vs. vehicle combat is best done on the DS2 scale. If
you
look at firing against infantry, most heavy weapons in DS2 have shorter
ranges, about 36" or Medium range (see p. 36), but may still be too long
for
a SG2 table (360" etc.).

> A quick perusal of the ranges has led me to go for a scaling up of DS2
> ranges by around 4:1 when applying them to a SG2 table. This means
that
> an RFAC/1 (a common weapon on APCs) would have a maximum range of 64",
> slightly more than the maximum range of elite infantry small-arms fire
-
> this seems about right.
>
> > [Bri] Feel free to use my FMA Enhancement for DS2. It is at
> > http://www.ftsr.org/ds2/techlib/ds2fma.html
>
> Well, you seem to have done most of the hard work for me !
>
> This being aimed at SG2, I want to build crew quality into vehicle
fire,
> so the idea I've had is to make the basic To Hit die that of the
firing
> crew's quality. This is shifted up one type for superior firecon and
> down one for basic, and then modified again for range by similarly
> shifting up one die for short range and down one for long range (this
> means that an untrained crew with basic firecon could only hit targets
> at short range, and that on a d4 only !). The works insofar that for
an
> average crew the die type would be the same as your current system.

[Bri] Glad to be of service. An easy way to handle this would be to use
the
gunner quality and then shift by fire control system quality:
Basic: No Shift
Enhanced: Shift Up 1
Superior: Shift Up 2

> Tony
-----End Original Message-----

More of my ramblings marked by [Bri]

---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://www.ftsr.org
---

Prev: RE: FT-WotW (Railguns) Next: RE: Hotspot AAR with pics