Prev: Re: [OT] Military History Archive CDs Next: OH MY. THE BEGININGS OF DISRUPTORS??

THE BEGININGS OF DISRUPTORS? Now this!

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 18:57:19 EST
Subject: THE BEGININGS OF DISRUPTORS? Now this!

From: Alan Todd <Todd_Alan@cat.com>
<snip>
I know when I was at SHAPE on the Russian liason team they were working
on
 sonic bullets. Not actually at Shape btw, that would be very bad!
Probably somewhere in Siberia...Anyway these were like little packets of
sonic
 energy that were propelled toward the target. The Russians now
have a man portable device that can propel a 10-Hertz (Hz) sonic packet
the
 size of a cricket ball (or baseball for you lot who aren't in the
commonwealth/empire!) hundreds of yards. So when fired at humans, the
energy
 can be selected to result in either nonlethal or lethal damage.

Their Spetsnaz experimental teams were also using an ulton gun, that
emitted
 mollecular disruption waves at a target. I saw a picture of a guy with
one,
 but I
don't know how successful these have become...

Cheers,

Alan

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: [OT] Military History Archive CDs Next: OH MY. THE BEGININGS OF DISRUPTORS??