Prev: Re: OUDF - Railguns?? Next: Re: RE: Wartime references for Aliens

Re: Spinal Mounts (was: RE: OUDF - Railguns??)

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 18:42:01 GMT
Subject: Re: Spinal Mounts (was: RE: OUDF - Railguns??)

In message <4.2.2.20010301103421.00a3d890@pop.hba.marine.csiro.au>
	  Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au> wrote:

> G'day Charles,
>
>  >Hmm.. maybe I should convert the
>  >B5 Wars Vorlon Lighning Gun and use
>  >that (it could potentially be an interesting mechanic) :-)
>
> What's it do?
>
> Beth

Ok, from my only source of B5 Wars info ATM (a copy of the 2nd ed. rules
compandium) - and shortening it.

In essence, up to 4 lightning cannon (the 'prongs' on the front of a
vorlon ship) can be combined into 1 weapon, as follows:

1 lightning cannon can act as an anti-fighter weapon, 2 or more,
combined, have longer ranges, and do more damage than the sum of their
individual attacks.

It could be a pain to balance - but it has potential - and people keep
saying the UN SDN looks like the Excaliber - but I don't really see that
myself.

Charles

Prev: Re: OUDF - Railguns?? Next: Re: RE: Wartime references for Aliens