Prev: [OT] Renegade Legion Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #355 - 15mm Stuff and EatG

RE: [OT] The GZG Digest V2 #355

From: "Casquilho, Daniel" <Daniel.Casquilho@d...>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 12:38:07 -0500
Subject: RE: [OT] The GZG Digest V2 #355

Stuart,

	I am curious, where did you see the film makers have said
the whole story is complete fiction? The duel may have been fiction
made up by the Soviet propaganda machine, that has been agreed as a
possibility by both the film makers and historians.

	However, Vasily Zaitsev was a real person who did in fact have
more then 200 kills and who was asked to train Snipers during the war.
Zaitsev apparently never confirmed or denied the story of the duel.

	As for Tania Chernova, she was a real person. An American
Russian
who returned to Russia during the war. So I am curious, where did you
read that Paramount was "back-pedaling frantically" and saying the whole

story was pure fiction? I would like to read the article myself.

	Daniel