Prev: re: RE: Wartime references for Aliens Next: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:35:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

> >Just as a warning, folks who live there would point out that scotch
is a
> >drink. It's Scot-Irish, or if you're wanting to hear even more
whinging,
> >Scotish-Irish. ;->=
>
> *L* As a SCOT, I will point out that scotch is a drink, a broth, an
egg,
or a
> hop. It's not a person. *L*
>
> And "Scots-Irish" is probably the proper term. ;-)

You're probably right, I'm sure that most of the colloquialisms these
Pennsylvanians use aren't correct, however, around here, they all
pronounce
it Scotch-Irish.  Not like the tape I imagine. : )  Anyways, I've had to
adapt, since I'm not from around here, because I sure don't aim to argue
wif
no mountain man 'bout his her'tige.

*g*

Prev: re: RE: Wartime references for Aliens Next: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing