Prev: Re: Powered Armor Reading List Next: Re: [FT] WotW (Finish EMP, Start Needle)

RE: Wartime references for Aliens

From: Nathan Pettigrew <nathanp@m...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 04:34:06 -0800
Subject: RE: Wartime references for Aliens

What about just KV (said Kay-Vee)?

Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Eli Arndt [mailto:emu2020@wattosjunkyard.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 12:03 PM
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
Subject: Wartime references for Aliens

In every war we have those wonderfully colorful slanderous terms for the
enemy.	In Vietnam, we had 'Charlie' and in WW2 it was the 'Krauts' and
"Gerry".  In modern times we've had others.  now I know none of these is
very cool in an enlightened social sense, but they are present in every
war.

Has anyone given any thought to what the aliens and governments might be
called in the Tufflyverse?

Would Kr'Vak be called "Kilo-Victor" and referred to as "Victor"
Would we just refer to the Phalons as "Dickies"
 or worse
What what?

Might be handy for those of us who like to write background for
scenarios.

Eli

Prev: Re: Powered Armor Reading List Next: Re: [FT] WotW (Finish EMP, Start Needle)