Prev: Re: Wartime references for Aliens Next: Re: [OT] Enemy at the Gates - March 16 in US

Re: Shifting scales RE:[OT] Getting out of 25mm

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:54:54 -0500
Subject: Re: Shifting scales RE:[OT] Getting out of 25mm

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:34:21 -0600, devans@uneb.edu wrote:

>For doing Aliens board style, where you're in cramped quarters, on the
>other hand, I think 28, 54, or larger a very nice. GenCon last year had
>Aliens vs Marines using 12" GiJoes, Barbies and Kens, and Tsukuda
models.
>The corridors could've used work, but it was visually VERY impressive.

I didn't see that. But "Fall In!" last year had 1/6 scale Battleground:
World
War II with Dragon (not GI-Joe, as the Dragon figures are better... I
know, as
I collect them, though I haven't bought any in the last few months). Of
course, the 1/6 scale Stuarts (from 21st Century) and Panzer IVs
(kitbashed)
helped a lot.

I think part of the scale shifting is a natural extension of the hobby.
People
want something new. I know a number of gamers who will get into a range
and a
period simply because they liked the look of a particular figure line.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: Wartime references for Aliens Next: Re: [OT] Enemy at the Gates - March 16 in US