Prev: Re: Wartime references for Aliens Next: Re: Shifting scales RE:[OT] Getting out of 25mm

Re: Wartime references for Aliens

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@w...>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:44:27 -0800
Subject: Re: Wartime references for Aliens

I'm happy with the response to this thread and have been thinking a bit
more on real world epithets.

In WW2 we had national terms.  If I recall corectly a German was "Gerry"
to a brit and a "Kraut" to an American.

My suggestion of "Kilo-Victor" was just that, and would of course
reference NAC radio terminology most likely.  We seem to have fallen by
the wayside in modern times as our enemies become more ethnic.

Gone are Reds, Pinkos, Commies, Krauts, Gerries, I-talians, even Rebs
and Yanks.  We now have the more vulgar references to ethnicity and
clothing styles (I won't repeat them).

Eli

Prev: Re: Wartime references for Aliens Next: Re: Shifting scales RE:[OT] Getting out of 25mm