Prev: Re: Wartime references for Aliens Next: Re: Wartime references for Aliens

RE: Wartime references for Aliens

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:29:32 -0500
Subject: RE: Wartime references for Aliens

Robert Deakin was the first (AFAIK) to dub the Kra'Vak "Karla" in his
story
"Karla's Kidnap" (see http://www.ftsr.org/scifi/karla.html).

I have also heard them called "Worthogs" as Jon's sculpting to make them
less na-Preditor gives them a somewhat Wild-Pig look (a lot depends on
the
paint).

I have not seen the Phalon infantry, so I do not know what "acceptable
in
mixed company" name would be given them.
Nic at Eureka describes them as "A very different race of aliens getting
away from the usual humanoid stereotypes - the Phalons have single
three-lobed eyes, an extra joint in arms and legs and semi-biotech
equipment."
Cyclops may be an acceptible term.

-----
Brian Bell