Prev: RE: [GZG-ECC IV] FMASkirmish: The Trouble with Colonials FMAS Gam e - player roll call Next: RE: Wartime references for Aliens

Re: Wartime references for Aliens

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:27:32 -0500
Subject: Re: Wartime references for Aliens

Eli Arndt wrote:

> In every war we have those wonderfully colorful slanderous terms for
the enemy.  In Vietnam, we had 'Charlie' and in WW2 it was the 'Krauts'
and "Gerry".  In modern times we've had others.  now I know none of
these is very cool in an enlightened social sense, but they are present
in every war.

> Has anyone given any thought to what the aliens and governments might
be called in the Tufflyverse?

> Would Kr'Vak be called "Kilo-Victor" and referred to as "Victor"
> Would we just refer to the Phalons as "Dickies"
>  or worse

Well, since they look like *snails* instead of male anatomy
parts to *me*, I refer to 'em as Phalons or 'snails'. I think
they have another name for themselves (don't have my FB2 with
me right now) as the Kra'Vak do, so referring to them by their
GZG given names would seem to work (Los did this in his Rot Hafen
online sage with the Kra'Vak; seemed to work okay there)