Prev: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

Re: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

From: "Robert W. Hofrichter" <RobHofrich@p...>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 06:05:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

----- Original Message -----
From: "Beth Fulton" <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 7:41 PM

> G'day,
>
>  >I've always felt that its important
>  >to involve family in my gaming
>  >activities, and its a wonderful
>  >way to spend time together!
>
> We've found it to be a lot of fun, though it can be as educational for
the
> parent as the child ;)
>
> Lachy is always keen to play now and it seems to have really helped
his
> concentration span and decision making processes. Janneke's only just
> starting to want to play much, but she already loves painting. As a
mother
> there's few more touching moments then when your kids ask you to sit
down
> and help them chose their first SG force ;)
>
> Cheers
>
> Beth

My son likes the figures.  In fact, it was his fault that I
"re-explored"
Battletech last year.  He found some of my old, unpainted plastic 'mechs
and
wanted some of his own, so my wife went on eBay and bought a
bunch--which I
then had to paint (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

Since then, he's branched out into GW-type figures (but not the games)
and
space ships--especially Star Trek and Star Wars.  Among other things,
for
his 4th birthday  he received some painted Grenadier Space Rangers (more
sturdy than the GW figures).  He plays with them like "action figures"
and
not like a regular war game, but it's a start!

Rob