Prev: Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: That Age Thing

FT:WotW proposal-Needle beams

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 20:12:28 -0000
Subject: FT:WotW proposal-Needle beams

Charles said-

>Maybe Needle Beam type weapons (nominated as next WotW) will be easier

Wanna bet? I think there are a couple of ideas that need to be raised if
we
are going to discuss needle beams. My list runs like this-

1-Multi arc needle beams
2-heavy needle beams (as on noam`s site, with the double dammage
ablities)
3-Long range needle beams (simular to above, but without double dammage)
4-Multi arc long range needle beams
5-Needle beam MT missiles
6-Variable focus needle beams/class 3 bats. this idea is from the
insurrection novel, with the beam batt. capable of being tightly focused
turn it into a needle beam on one turn, and fire as a class 3 batt the
next.

I`m sure there are other ideas, but these are my ideas from the top of
my
head.

BIF
"yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

ps-Using waveguns on ships (especially caps) is all a matter of timing,
and
using them in conjuntion with other weapons. you fight as normal until
you
see a oppertunaty, then you use the gun. Works for me about 50% of the
time,
sometimes better, depending on the guy on the otherside <G>.

Prev: Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: That Age Thing