Prev: FT-Weapon idea for wave gun Next: Re: [FT]-escort ships

Another group/list and Needle Beams discussion

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 09:18:03 EST
Subject: Another group/list and Needle Beams discussion

From: Stargrunt-Fullthrust@yahoogroups.com
<snip>
Some Needle Beam discussion on Stargrunt-Fullthrust group:
(Yes I started it of course...)

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:54:23 -0000
   From: triphibious@juno.com
Subject: Re: Needle Beams question

--- In Stargrunt-Fullthrust@y..., "Walter Simpson" <waltz@b...> wrote:
> >I am adapting a set of rules (Starguard) to GZG
> > rules and wonder if a paranoid moderately xenophobic race would be
> > able to target life support, 'warp core' (I do not remember the
> > correct term right now), the bridge, Engineering, and such with
> > Needle Beams.
>
> No it says in the fleet book that the critical systems (bridge etc)
are in
> the center of the ship and can't be destroyed with needle beams
>
> Walter

Actually over on the "Fullthrust" list it was quoted as an "optional
rule" so I suggested a higher points cost for the specialized beam
(same mass) and a specialized, dedicated higher points cost FireCon
for that Needle Beam battery (can be more then one beam)and no other
purpose.  I don't think I worded that exactly that way come to think
of it but that's my thoughts on such a system.	I'm going to have to
bring it up on the GZG list Jon Tuffley is on and get some feedback
there too.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious

Message: 2
   Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:56:47 -0000
   From: triphibious@juno.com

--- In Stargrunt-Fullthrust@y..., triphibious@j... wrote:
<snip, snip>

Oh, and reduce the range, maybe 'back' to 9" (It's 12" iN the Fleet
Books?)

Gracias.

Message: 3
   Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:35:50 -0000
   From: "Walter Simpson" <waltz@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Needle Beams question

those specialized ones would be deadly, one hit to the power core and
kiss
your SD goodbye!

   Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 18:57:40 -0000
   From: triphibious@juno.com

--- In Stargrunt-Fullthrust@y..., "Walter Simpson" <waltz@b...> wrote:
> those specialized ones would be deadly, one hit to the power core
and kiss
> your SD goodbye!

Allow 1-6 turns to repair the damage with plusses for specialized
damage control Teams (I forget FB term for them...) but yes, it would
be deadly.

Costing it would be something for the guru's on the GZG list to work
out to see if it could be balanced enough to allow in a game.

There currently is a system by system discussion of proposed optional
weapon/defense systems being undertaken <no pun intended> (one system
roughly weekly) on that list.

Gracias.

Message: 5
   Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:16:52 EST
   From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com>
Subject: FullThrust@yahoogroups.com: [FullThrust] Digest Number 7

From: FullThrust@yahoogroups.com

Crow Girgen
Moderator

P.S. Please tell your freinds about this site.

As requested <grin>
FYI

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.