Prev: Re: FMAS names Next: Re: FMAS names

Re: FMAS names

From: devans@u...
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 18:34:43 -0600
Subject: Re: FMAS names

***
By the way... Everyone knows where the term "bugs" comes from when
regarding
aliens (Starship Troopers or Aliens, take your pick). I remember talking
someone who didn't realise that "Bugs Don't Surf" is a take off on a
phrase
in
a war movie! I know the movie (don't have it on DVD yet), but can anyone
else
name the movie, the actual phrase, and the name of the character saying
the
phrase? *G*
***

I had to go to IMDB to get the character and phrase, but I remembered
the
part of the movie and the actor, even if I've never seen it completely.
was thinking of another term, beginning with G, for the non-surfers.

I really must watch it someday. It was too intense for me when it first
came out.

Prev: Re: FMAS names Next: Re: FMAS names