Prev: Re: [OT]Back on the subject of Web pages Next: Re:FT-WotW-EMP

Re: [OT]Back on the subject of Web pages

From: Jeremey Claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 17:04:13 +0000 ()
Subject: Re: [OT]Back on the subject of Web pages

> Jon has already reserved www.gzg.com (although there's nothing there
> yet). Looks like that was a shrewd move !

Yes that was a very good move :)

> I read somewhere that all two- and three-letter URLs have already
gone,
> and all URLs on the new domains (.tv etc) had to be three letters or
> more. I suspect that the price tag attached to www.gzg.co.uk is more
> do with its rarity value (since there are no three letter URLs left)
> rather than any attempt to fleece Jon personally.

That is what I suspected although I would not of put it beyond people to
flick through a business register and nab the domain names.
but then I'm a bit synical about these things :)

Jeremey Claridge
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk
http://freespace.virgin.net/jeremey.claridge/

Prev: Re: [OT]Back on the subject of Web pages Next: Re:FT-WotW-EMP