Prev: Re: [FT] BTG Conversions Next: Re:General EMP thoughts

PA & Such

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:06:30 -0500
Subject: PA & Such

[Bri] With a little previso. No small arms weapon (even those with
asterisk
(*) next to them) can have NO effect, except supperssion, agianst
Class-2
armor or better (SG p.37).

[Tomb] No small arms can have NO effect? Ergo all small arms have at
least
some effect against class 2 armour? <I think this is wrongly stated>

 And there are not too many armor class-1 tanks
(at least in DS2). So you may want to go back to having the PA have a
heavy
weapon or a larger mix of the AT variant of your PA.

[Tomb] I think you could define anything as a "heavy weapon" or "point
fire"
variant that could affect tanks. I think a good justification is the ESU
PA
carrying a "point fire" railgun which I believe can probably punch into
tank. And GMS/P have a d12* impact and I'm _quite_sure_ these are meant
be able to attack things like a tank.

[Tomb] The limitation you are referring to (I had thought) applied only
normal small arms (such as the FSE rifle, etc). They are meant to have
limited anti-armour capability versus soft targets or armour-1 targets,
but
none vs. heavier armour. Whereas anything with an asterisk (such as a
IPG or
GMS) is actually meant to have a chance (though a slight one) versus
larger
vehicles.

If not, my IPG AT section looks pretty stupid... (2 x Infantry Plasma
Gun
with D12* impact). I think it can attack armour 2 and greater targets
(though D12* isn't a big threat even on major impacts to anything
greater
than armour 2).

If I'm wrong, someone please straighten me out.

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Reigning bitHeads Pool Ladder Champion
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

You are what you do when it counts. -- The Masao
from John Steakey's Armour

Prev: Re: [FT] BTG Conversions Next: Re:General EMP thoughts