Prev: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons Next: Re: [OT] Mini Pictures

Re: (OT) What I love to hate was

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:16:52 EST
Subject: Re: (OT) What I love to hate was

On 13 Feb 2001 10:32 GMT KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de writes:

>But I rarely, if ever have seen anybody complaining about my own pet
>GW
>hate:
>The often gory graphic and bloodthirsty rhetoric of their
>publications.
>Warhammer was first advertised with the headline "Let's smash skulls"
>and it has gone downhill from there - see their recent Dark Eldar.
>
>Like with other matters, your tastes may vary, but is it just me who
>prefers his games in a language that would not make a Nazi
>Kriegsberichterstatter blush ?
>
>Greetings
>Karl Heinz

Karl, I have no idea what 'Kriegsberichterstatter' means in English or
Spanish but if it means tacky, demeaning extremely socially unsettling
gore (And I was in Nursing for 15 years) then yes.  I just thought I was
either 1) the only one or 2)a hypocrite given that our hobby *is* war
games.	But yes, what little GW materials I have read/handled can become
fixated on violence IMO.  Inquisitor?  The Spanish Inquisition was
'funny'?   But I just downplay the more extreme rhetoric in my non-GW
world (see the Ralnai reference in my Sig <blush>) and try not to spend
too much time in the GW sourcebooks...

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons Next: Re: [OT] Mini Pictures