Prev: Re: [DS] US Military designes new camouflage outfits Next: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

Re: [FT] BTG Conversions

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:00:00 GMT
Subject: Re: [FT] BTG Conversions

In message <002d01c09623$6a713640$8050fea9@stranger>
	  "stranger" <stranger@cvn.net> wrote:

> In an effort to not have to invent new systems to do Battle Fleet
Gothic, I
> had another idea.  BFG Guns seem a lot like Submunitions Packs, the
only
> difference being they ignore shields (can live with), and have limited
ammo
> (can't live with).  Anyone have any rules on submunition pack ammo, I
guess
> in the same vein as an SM Magazine?
>
> This would then leave me free to make Lances into Beam Batteries,
which
> while the mechanics are a bit different, I think the differences in
the
> weapons systems are enough to make it interesting.
>
> George

I don't see why you couldn't have a magazine-fed submunition launcher,
hmm...

Submunitions Launcher (SBL) - is to Submunitions Pack as SML is to SMR.
Can fire 1 submunition/turn until magazine is empty.

Launcher MASS 1, COST 3
Magazine MASS 1/2 submunitions (round up), COST = MASS x3

MASSes are a quick guess based on comparing a Submunitions Pack with a
normal-range SMR.

Alternatively, - and I do not know BFG at all - do BFG guns have the
following capabilities:

They are affected by screens
They are short range
They do quite a bit of damage?

If so, you could just use Pulsar-Cs

Well, thats my 2p worth.

Prev: Re: [DS] US Military designes new camouflage outfits Next: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons