Prev: Re: [DS] Towed Artillery Next: Re: [DS] Towed Artillery

Re: FT-Fire arcs

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 13:04:02 +0100
Subject: Re: FT-Fire arcs

thurvin wrote:

>Hi, Folks,
>I scraped this rule for ease of play, once I switched to FTFB. (I play
>with a lot of new players, I have enough to teach them.) It was more
>hassle that it was worth in FTFB, IMHO. It made sense in the old
>rules. Granted with standard ships, you were limited to couple of 1
>and 2 you were rarely win a battle with that. Compare what the
>frontage firepower of most ships it wasn't a big difference from being
>disarmed.

You're confusing cause and effect here, methinks. The "no rear-arc
fire" rule is a very major reason why the weapons on the "official" FB1
ship designs have the fire arcs they do...

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [DS] Towed Artillery Next: Re: [DS] Towed Artillery