Prev: Re: [OT] Mini Pictures was Re: 6-10mm ST Bugs Next: Re: [FT] Weapon of the Week - AM-SM

FT-Fire arcs

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 09:53:02 -0000
Subject: FT-Fire arcs

Oerjan Ohlson wrote-

>Sure. You can't launch through the (A) arc unless you use the "Optional
>Rule: Aft-Arc Fire" on FB1 p.4, but there's no reason why the launcher
>couldn't point that way.

>Note that your "FP/P/AP" arc stretching from straight ahead to straight
>aft would get its "AP" arc truncated since it overlaps the normal (A)
>arc.

Uh, I though that the rule was that if drive was used, the AFT arc could
not
be fired through (60 deg), if you say that it`s all the aft arcs
(AP/AFT/AS), the area uncovered increases to 180 deg, whereas the
original
arcs in FT covered 90 deg. If you say you cannot fire through any aft
arc,
the blind zone doubles!. I think this needs clarification, is it 60 deg
(which sounds reasonable, compaired to the original 90 deg), or is it
180
deg (which would double the blind spot).

BIF
"yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: Re: [OT] Mini Pictures was Re: 6-10mm ST Bugs Next: Re: [FT] Weapon of the Week - AM-SM