Prev: [FT] Gothic Conversion Next: Re: Cold Wars

Re: FT-Improved armour

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 00:40:39 -0000
Subject: Re: FT-Improved armour

> Reminds me of "metal" armor from Car Wars.

Is this good or bad, only played carwars 3 or 4 times (was a freinds
game),
but this was a long time ago (god, must be 14 years, when I was at
school).
Cannot remember much about it. Actually, the idea came from the armour
used
in the original mecton book (well, the only takes dammage if the dammage
inflicted exceeded the armour rating bit anyway).

> Upon first read I noticed the following difficulties:
>
> If you only have 1 point of this armor, how do you connect the
> symbol(s) with a line?

If you only have 1 point of armour, whats the point of using more
expensive
armour in the first place, that has twice the mass cost for the same
protection. The SCA would only stop 1 DP of energy weapon (as listed)
fire,
for one turn, and then it`s gone. You would get the same effect with
standard armour (acctually, standard would be better, you`d get 2 armour
standard for 1 armour point SCA).

> Costing needs reworking. The armor is more effective as you get more
> of it, and should be priced accordingly (similar to beam systems - 1
> point costs 2, 2 points cost 4, 3 points cost 8, 4 points cost 16,
> etc.)
>

> Schoon

Hmm, I though giving it 2 mass=1 dp ratio was enough of a disadvantage,
but
the costs are flexible (meaning I haven`t decided yet<G>).

BIF
"yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: [FT] Gothic Conversion Next: Re: Cold Wars