Prev: Re: [OT] Pertaining to all things Beth Next: Re: SG2- Like it?

Re: SG2-What's it like?

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 22:31:40 -0800
Subject: Re: SG2-What's it like?

At 9:54 PM -0500 2/5/01, Jalinth Kirkwood wrote:
><x-charset iso-8859-1>
>
>>  It easily gives itself to move and fire tactics and penalizes
>warhammer-ish
>>  charges (close assaults work, but best executed against an already
>>  suppressed foe if you don't want riddled). And it is pretty much the
most
>>  fun skirmish game I've played (and I've played a bunch).
>
>Although I've never played 40k I have seen a couple games at the local
game
>stores. I really hated the fact that the one player was able to charge
what
>was in effect a machine gun nest, and kill all the occupents in H-t-H
combat
>without losing anybody to the gunfire.

All the people who play games at GW seem to think that tactics
stopped with the musket. The setups for Space Marine (et al) in the
battle reports are actually worse. They set up	opposing*tanks* in
range of each other. <shudder> It seems any deployment more complex
than the French at Crecy (three successive lines) is completely past
them, and they don't, as noted, give machine guns the firepower of a
longbowman.

And it's all UGO-IGO play sequence, which just gets dull.

Rick Priestly and the other early Workshop folk started in historical
miniatures, and it shows in places it really shouldn't.
--

Michael Carter Llaneza

Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: Re: [OT] Pertaining to all things Beth Next: Re: SG2- Like it?