Prev: SG2-What's it like? Next: Re: re:FT-Help with new weapons

RE: [DS] Unit Question

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 09:56:26 +1100
Subject: RE: [DS] Unit Question

Yes, a DS unit can have more than one kind of element.	You have to
watch
what you mix together though.  1 GMS tank, 2 SLAM tanks & 2 HVC tanks is
good mix; 3 Artillery, 1 ZAD, 1 supply truck is a good unit.  Mixing
Artillery and GMS or having different motive types isn't.

With the force you want below, it does work within the rules, but
tactically, you're probably better with 2 separate units, as they have
entirely different mission profiles.
A size 2 VTOL with 2 stands and a GMS/L can stand alone.  The gunships
should be used as tank hunters to seek and destroy ZAD units, Command
units
and enemy artillery.  I've found them to be too fragile for the main
battleline.

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[MKW2] Admiral Peter Rollins - Task Force Zulu-Beta
[Firestorm] Battletech PBeM GM