Prev: RE: [DS11] Next: Re: [OT] GW Lord of the Rings and my age

Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 06:56:54 -0500
Subject: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain

Bob Makowsky wrote:

> Jon,
>
> How do you simulate surprise?  Surprise and swift decisive action seem
to be
> the traits of CT Ops.  FMA definitely suits but I wonder how you keep
those
> Ts in check.
>
> Bob Makowsky
> USCG SAR

Hi, Bob

Mike Richie and I have a few ideas in mind.

In a hostage situation, the terrorists will have adopted a "standard"
operating
procedure in terms of placements, sentry duties, and communication.
They will
continue in that procedure until activated by an alert or an attack.

The CT operatives will have the benefit of preparing an attack plan
based on
the terrain layout and intelligence from the gamemaster.

A few things to simulate...
Sound suppressed weapons (activation rules)
Flash-bang grenades (suppression)
Ambush

I don't know if the FMA draft rules contain rules for surprise, but I
can imagine
that a surprised figure would defend at two or more die shifts down in
the first
combat round.

Just some thoughts...

Jon

Prev: RE: [DS11] Next: Re: [OT] GW Lord of the Rings and my age