Prev: Re: SG2: What's it like? Next: Re: SG2: What's it like?

Mod. Thrust Rules was: [GZG ECC IV] Lancaster Brunswick Hotel contact problem

From: Chan Faunce <chanfaunce@t...>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 22:11:57 -0500
Subject: Mod. Thrust Rules was: [GZG ECC IV] Lancaster Brunswick Hotel contact problem

It's been a while since I came up with these rules - I could swear I
mentioned
them on the list at the time - so the memory of my often warped logic
may be
rusty.

Under Cinematic movement ships can only fly along the main axis, so
ships with
high side thrust are just highly maneuverable.

Under Vector movement you could make ships with high side thrust which
would be
able to accel sideways faster that it could forward - this may be why I
have 2
points per inch. Looking at it now I'd probably go with:

1 point of Port / Starboard Thrust pivots the
	  ship 1 clock facing under Vector Movement, and 1
	  point from the same side may be used to Push the ship 1 inch.

There's no reason why a ship should require more thrust to move in one
direction or another.

If you mean broadside weapons as in 1-5 o'clock and 7-11 o'clock 2-arc
weapons,
under Vector I see (saw) no reason not to allow 60 deg. weapon arcs that
covered even-to-even arcs (12-2, 2-4, etc. )  - see:
http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/ShwartzA.gif . This would make the
sides of
a high-side-thrust ship effectively fore and aft

--
Channing C. Faunce

chanfaunce@NOSPAMHEREtoast.net
http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/index.html

NEW projects
http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/tidak.jpg
http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/vadok1.jpg

Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes
     decide everything. attributed to Josef Stalin

Prev: Re: SG2: What's it like? Next: Re: SG2: What's it like?