Prev: SG2: What's it like? Next: RE: SG2: What's it like?

RE: SG2: What's it like?

From: "Owen Glover" <oglover@b...>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 11:10:57 +1100
Subject: RE: SG2: What's it like?

Well Stargrunt is a fun, fairly easy to learn Squad/Platoon level game.
Normally the smallest movment element on the table is the Squad made up
of 6
to 9 figures.

Alan Goodall has a good information site that lays it out pretty well:

http://www.vex.net/~agoodall/sg2info.htm

SG is not a points driven game and does receive criticism for that. I
think
that most of that criticism is from people who are looking for a
competition
based set of rules. Personally I like it a lot, partly as it down't use
points and reduces the effect of people who might try to min max a game.
Takes a bit of getting used to regarding getting game balance right if
you
are customising scenarios and not sure what makes two even sides.

Vehicles is another aspect that a lot of people are uncomfortable with.
SG
is essentially an Infantry game with Vehicles there in the background to
provide some color, support and targets :-)

The people on the list are really helpful and there quite a few good
websites to help you along.

Cheers,
Owen

Elgorn