Prev: Re: (OT) Russo Japanese War film was RE: [OT] and maudlin Re: etc, etc Next: Re: More things that dodge armour

Re: Invention Re: [FT] Weapon/Defense Archive V1.0 complete

From: devans@u...
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 12:20:50 -0600
Subject: Re: Invention Re: [FT] Weapon/Defense Archive V1.0 complete

***
Hmm.. a Space/Ground combo game - I see your point _ I tried something
similar at a Euro-Gen Con many years ago (when it was still at Camber
Sands) using the AD&D Spelljammer rules for the space part, and
Battlesystem for the ground part. (I hadn't discovered Full Thrust etc.
at that time).
***

And I once tried to come up with a Space Fleet/Space Marine(Epic) combo.
;
->=

It was also going to be a space battle followed by a land battle, with a
plot twist to cause a further space battle. Given I'd played Space Fleet
only a few times, and the epic game MAYBE twice, I wasn't near familiar
enough to do this any justice.

I've played FTII a lot more, but my DSII experience isn't much better.
And,
this is a much more interconnected scheme, with all ortillery and
'insertion' ships requiring positioning in a geosynch orbit, and 'slots'
in
that orbit over which to fight.

We shall see, right?

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: (OT) Russo Japanese War film was RE: [OT] and maudlin Re: etc, etc Next: Re: More things that dodge armour