Prev: Re: [FH] St^3 Jon on target again Next: Re: [OT] GW Lord of the Rings

Re: [FH] St^3 Jon on target again

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 22:50:30 +0000
Subject: Re: [FH] St^3 Jon on target again

>Are you refering to St Jon's marvelous FT timeline?
>
>When I asked him a while back (in a private email), about how he did it
and
>why...
>He told me that a friend of his (whom I can't remember the name of...)
created
>the timeline (I think he said his friend tossed it togather).	Jon
thought it
>sounded good, and pasted it into the game.

I can't remember the exact exchange of emails, Don, but this isn't quite
right. What happened is that I originally wrote up the major events of
the
timeline, including the development of FTL., the breakdown of the USA
and
formation of the NAC, the Chinese incursion into the ex-Soviet republics
and the formation of the ESU etc.; Steve Blease (who is credited with
co-development of the timeline in the FT credits) then fleshed out the
basics that I'd come up with, adding much of the colour and details. The
subsequent extensions of the timeline in MT, FB2 etc. are mostly down to
me, though a lot of the more detailed bits used in SGII were Steve's.
Then we'll have to see where we're going post-FB2......  ;-)

Jon (GZG)

PS: As I've said several times, the timeline is really only there to
give
you all a valid excuse to put almost any force up against any other on
the
tabletop!
As an aside, for anyone interested in ideas for near-future political
and
military background, there's a new(ish) book around by Simon Pearson
called
"Total War 2006" - out in paperback from Coronet. I've just borrowed a
friend's copy, and though I haven't read it fully yet a quick skim
indicates that there may well be some rather interesting ideas in it....

[snip]

----

----