Prev: [OT] Any Mech-experts in the audience? Next: Re: [OT] modelling Q

Re: [OT] modelling Q

From: "Robert W. Hofrichter" <RobHofrich@p...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:00:21 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] modelling Q

How about getting some aluminum screen (the kind you use on screen doors
and
the like).  Cut along one edge (so that you have the ends sticking out).
Then bend to rough shape and cover with PVC glue (or super glue) to keep
the
strip from unraveling since the next step is...

...going in and cutting parallel to the frst cut but two rows in.  This
should result in two (or three) rows (the links) with many short
perpendicular pieces (the bullets).  You would have to use a very fine
mesh,
though.  Never tried this, but it sounds like it could work.

Rob