Prev: Re: FT-HET Laers Next: Re:FT-HET Lasers

Re: FT-HET Lasers

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:13:45 -0500
Subject: Re: FT-HET Lasers

At 08:42 PM 1/29/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Not a specific comment about your suggestion, but ...
>I get the impression that a lot of the new weapons suggested or
ofiicially
>introduced over the years ignore shields, slowly making shields
useless. How
>about some weapons that are affected by shields, but do ignore armor or
>other protection ?

Well, there's the Illuminati Mind Control Laser System....  Short range,
ignores armor entirely, but each level of shielding reduces the
effective
range by, say, 6" or so....

I've never bothered to write it up, you understand.  A weapon that
converts
crew units into hostile boarding parties would be a lot of fun, but I
don't
want to be the one who tries to balance the point cost.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: FT-HET Laers Next: Re:FT-HET Lasers