Prev: RE:FT-HET Laers Next: Re: FT-HET Laers

Re: FT-HET Laers

From: Greg <gregwong@b...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:51:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: FT-HET Laers

> From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au>

> For the non-mechanically minded in the audience, what would be the PSB
for
> something that can ignore armour??

I'm at work right now, so I don't have the reference in front of me.
My poor memory seems to recall a weapon in GDW's "Brilliant Lances" that
might
fit the bill.  Some sort of exotic particle with a short half-life.
For a brief time, the particle could go through matter without
interacting with it.  Then, it "degrades" into another substance
that is very destructive.  Hopefully, it would in the interior of
the enemy ship when this occurred.  You could manipulate the half-life
by shooting the particle at speeds close to the speed of light and
take advantage of the relativistic effects.  At longer ranges, you need
a longer half-life, so you shoot it closer to the speed of light than
you
would need at shorter ranges.

Sorry, but my memory is failing me, so I may have the details wrong.
Perhaps someone can recall what this weapon was.

Prev: RE:FT-HET Laers Next: Re: FT-HET Laers