Prev: RE:FT-HET Laers Next: Re: FT-HET Laers

RE:FT-HET Laers

From: Mark Sykes <tardis@r...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:49:45 +1000
Subject: RE:FT-HET Laers

Beth Fulton wrote:
>>For the non-mechanically minded in the audience, what would be the
>>PSB for something that can ignore armour?? I can understand things
>>that burrow through armour, but not one that skips it all together.
>>Drawing on my biological knowledge the only things I could think of
>>would be things that work like microwaves <popping the ship from
>>the inside... start on the bottom hull box and work up maybe ;)> or
>>sonics which disable the internal delicate mechanisms but not the
>>external - mind you with no atmosphere in space sonics as such
>>aren't going to work, but I'm guessing your shockwave is the
>>interstellar equivalent??

How about an Xray laser (XRL) or equivalent?
Ignores ceramics but soaked up by lead or equivalent dense material.
The PSB problem lies in the expectation that starships will be
shielded against ionising (cosmic) radiation as a matter of
course.Perhaps the XRL would count as oversaturating the local
shielding?

JAT
just a thought

MarkS
All the way from Gallifrey...
Tardis...Actual portal to a virtual world

Prev: RE:FT-HET Laers Next: Re: FT-HET Laers