Prev: Re: [SG2] 2 questions Next: re: RE: [sg] Support Weapon Questions

Re: First mini pics for Gropos

From: "Alex Kettle" <squawk@c...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:56:24 -0500
Subject: Re: First mini pics for Gropos

>Okay Alex, dish. How's Gropos look rules-wise ?  Is Graves keeping
>the reins on Rob ? Do all the rules mechanics make sense or is Rob
>off on one of his wild games-design tangents ?
>
>I really have high hopes for Gropos, but Fleet Action was  abit of a
>disappointment.
>--
>
>Michael Carter Llaneza

First off sorry for taking so long to reply to this- was a convention
weekend for me.
Actually GROPOS seems like a combination of FA and Dirtside/SG to me so
far.
I can definately see where I think Graves has made his mark. But of
course
there are still lots of things to be ironed out in playtesting...for
example, right now the Centauri and Narn units have basically the same
composition as EA- 4 platoons to the company etc. You could change the
names
and it would be US vs. Soviets in near future without any real problems.
But
again this is all stuff that's in the works right now in playtest. The
rules
themselves seem to be fairly well written (we're being very careful to
edit
every copy of rules we see as well!) but at the moment, artillery and
VTOLs
dominate the game completely (we're working on some changes). All in all
think the game will turn out pretty good, and from what I understand the
Minis for the "big four" from the main rules will be available in the
first
month or two that the game is released. We were hoping for 15mm but I
guess
they wanted to keep costs down more since this will very much be a
larger
scale game with lots of tanks/IFVs.
If you're looking for more info, the GROPOS forum at
b5wars.agentsofgaming.com
has a good number of posts about what will be in the game and a few
pretty
lively discussions.

Later,
Alexander Kettle,

Prev: Re: [SG2] 2 questions Next: re: RE: [sg] Support Weapon Questions